Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tigers for Tomorrow

Sunday March 16th, 2008

First off, I guess I had better give everyone the dates to cut the wild onions for April. March's dates have already come and gone. According to the "Old Farmer's Almanac" the dates to get rid of pests and weeds...(wild onions fall under both of these categories in my book)...are April 5th and 6th. Once again, no guarantees...just passing along the word that many folks swear by every year.

Heads-up....Don't miss tomorrow's Newschannel 19 This Morning. I am visiting "Tigers for Tomorrow" an Exotic Animal Park and Rescue Preserve. It is a two part Robert on the Road and you are going to love it!!! This is a fantastic place to take the kids or yourself if you care about wild animals at all. Susan and Wilbur McCauley, the owners and operators of the Preserve have spent a total of 32 years rescuing and caring for animals, such as lions, tigers, bears, wolves that have been either retired from animal shows or turned out by people who thought they could be made into pets. It is very educational and really cool to watch the interaction with these animals.
This would make a great field trip for school kids, church groups or just families...I am putting their website here so that you can learn more. www.TigersForTomorrow.org
I hope you get to watch the program, I know you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.